Back to search results
SAM Project Officer - Festivals and Events
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 513399
Work type: Part time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum term position until 30 June 2020
- Part time - 30.4 hours per week
- Based in Sydney, NSW
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Save-A-Mate (SAM) program aims to reduce the harms caused by alcohol and other drug use within the community, especially amongst young people.
This includes encouraging people, particularly young people, to reduce the harm caused by their alcohol and other drug use at festivals and community events and to promote ‘safer partying’.
This is achieved through non-judgmental and impartial peer education, which is conducted primarily by SAM festival and event volunteers (SAM crew).
Requires the ability to travel to regional locations and work flexible hours to engage volunteers and attend festivals and events which may include evenings, weekends and public holidays.
This position requires a valid Australian drivers licence and current Working with Children Check.
What you will bring
- Experience working with and an understanding of issues affecting young people especially alcohol and other drug misuse
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including experience working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and ability to work effectively in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Event and volunteer coordination experience and demonstrated ability to coordinate SAM chill out spaces at all festivals and events
- Ability to recruit, train, support, coordinate and retain volunteers in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training and presentations
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact James Lawther on 0426 903 350.
Position description: SAM Festivals and Events Project Officer PD 2019.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend