Back to search results
Nurse Manager - High Dependency
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 512336
Work type: Part time
Location: Western Australia
- Part time position 30.4 hours per week
- Maximum term role until May 2020
- Based in Cottesloe, WA
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region. Lady Lawley Cottage provides short breaks for families as well as in-home supports for children with disabilities in Perth and has supported children living with disadvantage, long term illness or disability in Western Australia for over 100 years.
About the role
This nursing position will be responsible for operational and clinical management of the high needs program at Lady Lawley Cottage. The role will ensure the highest standard of nursing care is provided to meet the holistic needs of clients and their families, manage risk assessments, clinical/ care capabilities.
This position will be responsible for a medium team of Support workers, Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses. The role will work closely with families to ensure that the needs of their child is met while being afforded a break. The role will also oversee the development of care plans, policies/ procedures, and compliance in associated clinical policies and procedures and work in partnership with the Day & Short Stay Manager providing leadership and expert nursing knowledge in the delivery of individualised person centred care and assists in the development of other nursing and support staff.
What you will bring
- You will be eligible for registration in the category of Registered Nurse (Division 1) by AHPRA
- Highly advanced level of skill in the area of children with a disability.
- Demonstrated well developed communication skills, including teaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous quality improvement, application of nursing research and the implementation of evidenced based practice.
- Current knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements in the areas of nursing practice, Disability Services, Child Protection, Occupational Safety and Health and how these impact on service delivery.
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Aoife Field on 08 9318 2173
Position Description: HNU Manager - July 2019.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend