Back to search results
Drought Coordinator - Gippsland
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 512246
Work type: Full time
- Full time position
- Maximum term role until 24 months from start date
- Based in Gippsland Region, VIC
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This position works within the Victorian Emergency Services branch of the Australian Red Cross who work to reduce the likelihood, impact and consequences of emergencies in Victoria. In this role you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders including our own volunteers, to support drought affected communities in the Gippsland Region. This leadership role is responsible leading the drought recovery efforts for Red Cross, together with partnering agencies.
What you will bring
You are passionate about building community resilience and connection. You regularly use a broad range of communication methods to reach a diverse target audience and thrive on bringing diverse groups together towards a common goal. In this role, you would need to actively engage with and build strong relationships with volunteers, emergency service organisations and community organisation, local and State government.
- Highly developed understanding and experience in community development and/or emergency management.
- Demonstrated experience in program management, including design, analysis and implementation of projects within a multi-site environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and within a matrix management structure.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Kate Siebert on 0419566754.
Position Description: Drought Coordinator_PD_Gippsland.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend