Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 512239
Work type: Full time
- Ongoing role
- Full-time position (38 hours per week)
- Based in Townsville, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This role performs a crucial management function in leading a workforce that delivers our contracted services to people experiencing extreme vulnerability within a specified location.
You will be a key support to the State Service Lead by ensuring on the ground leadership to support the translation of the organisation’s strategic direction into viable local level operating (program and practice) framework to ensure we are providing responsive and well managed services.
What you will bring
- High level professional experience, expertise and competence in contract management, compliance and quality management
- Proven leadership and management experience (at least 5 years) in a human services context and skills in forging a team-based approach and providing direction, supervision and support to diverse, multifaceted teams, in a large matrix based human service organisation
- Proven ability to supervise, develop, and lead the performance of service teams across a broad service portfolio and enable a highly focused, client service oriented workforce to effectively implement strategies that support positive change and improve outcomes for clients and communities
- Applied understanding of humanistic theories and practices and experience in developing and managing a variety of service types (i.e. case management, outreach, centre-based, hubs) that are responsive and meeting client needs
- Experience working with, and a sound understanding of the needs of, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and people from Culturally and Linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field combined with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through employment, voluntary service and/or study
- Current and valid Australian Driver’s Licence
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Annie Rutherford on 0426 964 503
Position Description: Position Description - Service Lead.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend