Back to search results
Case Manager HomeStay
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 512230
Work type: Full time
- Temporary to 30 June 2020
- Full time role, job share considered
- Located in Toowoomba, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Our Homestay Service supports people at risk of homelessness. As a Case Manager you will provide relationship based, intensive case work and conduct assertive outreach with clients to prevent them from losing access to secure accommodation and assist clients to remain in long term stable housing.
You will use a ‘housing first’ approach and operate from a strengths based and capacity building framework which aims to build capacity and resilience in community members and empower communities to take responsibility for their futures.
What you will bring
- Significant experience of working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, in a community services’ organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
- Ability to minimise the risk which arises from crisis situations and exercise professional judgement based on ethical and legislative requirements
- Proven ability in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers and other key stakeholders to develop responses to community issues and build on community strengths and resources
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field combined with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through employment, voluntary service and/or study
- Current and valid Australian drivers licence
- A Working with Children’s Check is a mandatory requirement for the role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Charlene Keller on 07 4614 1600
Position Description: Case Manager Homestay FINAL 050719.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend