Back to search results
Youth Worker, SHAK
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511989
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
- Ongoing role
- Part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Based in Casuarina, NT
Applicants must be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. This is a special measure under section 57 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1996 (NT).
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the Role
You will work in a team environment at the SHAK Youth Centre in Casuarina to deliver supportive and innovative youth development programs for young people across the Darwin Region.
The role will engage with a diverse range of young people to understand their needs and aspirations, using these insights to design and run activities that contribute to the personal development of young people.
What you will bring
- Strong motivation and initiative
- Good understanding of the issues facing young people in the Northern Territory, including demonstrated skill and commitment to working with young people
- Experience engaging with diverse stakeholder groups including young people, families and other professionals
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role and must have a current and up to date check in place prior to interview process
- First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Relevant tertiary studies, Community Services Certificate IV, and/or equivalent
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and family friendly or flexible working arrangements.
For more information please refer to the position description below or contact Jye Cardona on 0466 522 525
Position Description: Position Description - Youth Worker.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend