Back to search results
Communities for Children Project Assistant
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511958
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
- Ongoing role
- Part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Based in Casuarina, NT
Only people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander will be considered for this position.
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the Role
You will liaise with Community Partners and other stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure note taking and all regular reporting is completed and key issues raised with the Coordinator/Team Leader.
The role will help with regular CfC (Communities for Children) Committee meeting logistics in Palmerston and Tiwi Islands including assistance with catering orders, travel arrangements, preparing papers and writing meeting minutes.
The Assistant will also learn and use the Red Cross purchase order and invoice payment system for processing payments to Community Partners and other suppliers.
Additionally, you will provide assistance with reporting to Department of Social Services and Red Cross in the required timeframes when required.
What you will bring
- Highly developed knowledge of like-minded organisations in early childhood, education, family support and other community service sectors in Palmerston and Darwin
- Demonstrated ability to take general direction and then be self-directed with proven organisational, administration, planning and feedback skills
- An ability to take notes and draw up minutes of meetings
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships and relate to a range of people including volunteers, community members, staff and community partners
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, including external stakeholders and service providers
- An understanding of confidentiality and a knowledge of protocols around record keeping
- An ability to work within the Red Cross ethical framework
- Current NT Driver’s license
- NT Working with Children Card (Ochre card) – mandatory prior to commencement
- Up to date Senior First Aid or willingness to obtain.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and family friendly or flexible working arrangements.
For more information please refer to the position description below or contact Kathy Bannister on 08 8924 3978 / 0407 673 401
Position Description: Position Description - Communities for Children Project Assistant.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend