Back to search results
Personal Care Attendant
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511944
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
- Ongoing role
- Part-time position (36 hours per week)
- Job share considered
- Based in Katherine, NT
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The position will provide culturally appropriate and high quality care to the residents of the Red Cross Kalano Flexible Care facility in Katherine.
You will improve and support life activities for residents ensuring enjoyment, safety and comfort levels are maintained at all times.
What you will bring
- An understanding of issues relating to the care of aboriginal frail and elderly people and experience in providing services and supports for them
- Previous experience of delivering a range of personal care supports within the aged care industry
- Excellent customer service manner and proven skills in dealing with indigenous persons
- Be able to cover shifts on a 24/7 roster, this role is predominantly night shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Certificate lll in Aged Care or agreement to commence training within 3 months
- A NT Working with Children Card is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current First Aid Certificate or ability to achieve it within a 3 month time frame
- Current NT Driver’s License
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Sue Pszkit on 08 8971 1999.
Position Description: Position Description - Personal Care Attendant.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend