Back to search results
Residential Support Worker
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511938
Work type: Part time
Location: Western Australia
- Part time – 7.5 hours
- Based in Cottesloe, WA
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This position is responsible for providing a safe standard of holistic care in accordance with the policies of Australian Red Cross, the Disability Service Standards and the relevant Australian Health Care Standards. You will will need to manage various demands to meet agreed standards and comply with policy and procedures that impact on the needs of the clients and the service.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience providing quality support and maintaining an environment to empower people with disabilities
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the rights of people with disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to be an advocate for clients and support community participation
- Demonstrated experience providing personal care, managing behaviours of concern and prioritising workloads for effective outcomes
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team and maintain good working relationships
- Follow the organisation’s policies and procedures including safe work practices, infection control, hygiene standards, admin duties and client documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Sarah Pfaff on 0447318283.
Position Description: Residential Support Worker - Position Description.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend