Back to search results
In-house Legal Counsel – Employment Law Focus, North Melbourne
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511326
Work type: Full time
Red Cross are part of one of the largest humanitarian movements in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
Our in-house Legal team provide legal advice and assistance across a wide range of legal matters and support our organisation to meet our obligations under relevant laws and regulations ensuring our focus meeting our humanitarian objectives.
Reporting to our Head of Legal, this full time role will focus on employment law support and advice to the organisation. In addition to being our specialist in this area, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of legal matters as part of a small team supporting internal clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in employment law within an award and enterprise agreement environment covering multiple State / Territory and Federal legislation
- Proven experience, either in private practice or in an in-house environment supporting an organisation’s legal needs in employment law
- Experience or willingness to support other legal matters such as contract drafting and negotiation
- Proven track record in providing independent, timely and practically appropriate legal advice
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Advanced policy and report-writing skills
- Proven track record in building strong stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Highly developed and effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, managing multiple and complex tasks
Use your employment law expertise for good and know that the work you do will help Red Cross improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information please view the position description below or contact Tara Eaton on 03 8354 3835
Position description - Legal Counsel
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend