Back to search results
Volunteer Leadership Support Officer
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511303
Work type: Full time
- Full time, Ongoing role
- Role to commence in early 2019
- North Melbourne location
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Volunteer Leadership Support Officer support volunteer leadership recruitment and development, as well as champion customer service processes and systems within the Victorian Emergency Services in the Australian Red Cross.
In times of emergencies, the Volunteer Leadership Support Officer will support the effective leadership of the Red Cross Workforce in delivering services before, during and after emergencies. This role will develop, guide and support the performance of volunteer leaders on a day to day and strategic basis, and support the continued development of Red Cross volunteers.
What you will bring
- A demonstrated understanding of contemporary coaching, mentoring and leadership strategies including an understanding of empowerment principles
- Demonstrated behaviours which support the development of excellence in others, along with a sound understanding of how to identify and build these skills
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including writing for different audiences, and in a range of media including social media
- Highly developed self awareness and interpersonal skills complimented by high level cultural awareness and strong oral communication skills
- Well developed understanding of change management and a demonstrated capacity to effectively lead change
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, as part of a team and within a matrix management structure and a fast paced and dynamic team environment
- Well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver projects
- Current drivers licence and working with children check
Work as a part of the Emergency Services Team and make a genuine difference to the community by being part of preparedness, relief and recovery efforts for people in emergencies. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging options.
For more detail about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Margaret McCarthy on 03 8327 6965 or 0417 329 306 for a confidential discussion.
511303 Volunteer Leadership Support Officer PD.pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm AEDT on Monday 17 December 2018
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend