Back to search results
Bilingual Support Worker
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 511041
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Wagga location
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The position will assist with the provision of general information to clients such as Red Cross contact details, Emergency numbers, Welcome Kit and appointment for initial needs assessment, care plan development and others.
You will provide assistance to clients with service registrations, such as but not limited to, Medicare, bank accounts, Centrelink, Healthcare services, Migrant Resource Centres and community services.
Additionally, the role will provide access to general information and education relevant to activities of daily living, including housing, locally available services provided by other agencies, public transport, children’s playgrounds, places of worship etc.
What you will bring
- Fluency in any of the Burmese Dialects is a must.
- Demonstrated Experience in community services and /or experience with people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Solid understanding of the refugee and asylum seeker sector service needs of relevant clients.
- Fluency in another emerging language would be an advantage
- Proven experience dealing with private rental sector and community housing sector.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Pia Angelucci on 02 8265 3054
Position Description: 511041 PD Bilingual Support Worker.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend